Living at Verde – Apartments Near Hershey, PA
Every detail reveals the thought and care that has gone into creating an elegant place for living well.
Call about our rent specials: 717.566.5400
Community Amenities at Our Hummelstown Apartments
Verde’s Hummelstown, PA apartments offer an unparalleled lifestyle with amenities unmatched by any other community in the Hershey, PA area. Our apartments are less than a mile away from Hershey, PA, and is the only community in the area with elevator access in each building. Our collection of apartments in Hummelstown offer intuitive floor plans that maximize space, storage, and comfort while blending modern conveniences and charm. It’s important that our residents can live the lifestyle they want to, which is why we have built a brand-new community building, equipped with a state-of-the-art fitness center, a lounge area with a flat-screen television, and a grilling/picnic area for entertaining.
Next to the fitness center, there is a workout classroom equipped with Wexer Technology. Wexer is a leader in virtual fitness and their technology gives you the ability to try a variety of workouts like cyberobics, cycling, yoga, and many more! View all of our community amenities and local area attractions near our Hummelstown apartment rentals below. Don’t forget to view stunning photos of our community, and contact us to schedule a tour.
- Mingle: Elegant 5,000 SF clubroom with high-definition flat-screen TV and fireplace
- Pulse: Fitness center with a cardio & strength training center
- Stretch: Yoga & Pilates studio
- Connect: Business center
- Meet: Dining area with kitchen; can also be used as a conference room for meetings
- Relax: Gas grilling stations in central community patio areas and outdoor fireplace
- Pedal: Bicycle-friendly town with many local bike paths.
- Swim: Walk to Hummelstown swim club community pool.
- Walk: In-Town Location With restaurants, shops, parks, and schools within walking distance
- Cats and dogs welcome*
- Controlled access, garage parking available
*Some restrictions apply.
- Easy access to the PA Turnpike (Route 276), I 81 and 83
- 1.5 miles to Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
- 8.5 miles to Harrisburg International Airport
- 10.5 miles to Downtown Harrisburg / PA State Capital
- Within walking distance of Capital Area Transit (CAT) public transportation stop
- Public parks and recreation within walking distance
- 3 miles to Hersheypark, ZooAmerica, and Hershey GIANT Center
- Lower Dauphin School District, elementary, middle, and high schools all within walking distance
Commitment To Service
- Online service requests
- 24-hour emergency maintenance
- Convenient online rent payment options available
- Free convenient auto pay for monthly rental payments
- Credit Cards accepted
Hummelstown PA – Tree City USA
Voted 61st best place to live by Money Magazine
We are a walkable town.
Along with the unparalleled community and apartment amenities, our apartment homes for rent in Hummelstown, PA are in a fantastic location. Located just off Highway 322, commuting to Hershey, PA from our community is a breeze, either via Highway 422 or Route 39. Even closer to the community is the Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical, just 2 miles away. Downtown Harrisburg and the Hershey Outlets are also easily accessible. If you’re looking to get away on vacation, the Harrisburg International Airport is only a 15-minute drive away, so you can jet off to your favorite destination. You will be amazed at how enjoyable life becomes when you live at Verde Apartments. Give us a call to learn more!
- Meet your friends at The Warwick Hotel for tap takeover night
- Hoageez offers authentic “old school” hoagies but get them while they last when the fresh rolls are gone for the day the shop closes up
- JO-JO’s Pizza and Restaurant uses recipes that have been handed down through generations
- Roxy’s Chatterbox Café and Ice Cream Parlor host baby and bridal showers in a “tea room” atmosphere
- Watch the game Arooga’s Sports Bar they are almost sure to have your game on one of their flat screens
- Palermo’s Pizzeria and Italian Family Restaurant try their stuffed pizzas and you will not be disappointed
- If you love frozen yogurt you’re going to love Sweet Dawg’s
- Come play pool, throw darts or maybe join a league at Chick’s Tavern
- 1950’s themed diner the Soda Jerk Diner & Dairy Bar is a family-friendly diner
- Forrest’s Feed Co. – Specializing in Barbecue
- Grab some authentic Indian cuisine at Bollywood Indian Fusion.
- The Englewood is a bank barn turned concert-style venue with an on-site brewery and fresh fare with locally sourced ingredients.
- Rubber Soul Brewing offers a variety of craft brews
- Tattered Flag specializes in hand-crafted, house-made beer and spirits
- Check out the locally owned and operated Chocolate Avenue Grill
- Hershey’s best seafood and top-rated steak at Devon’s Seafood and Steak
- Wine and dine at Houlihan’s, located in the Hershey press building
- Grab some lunch or brunch at the Hershey Pantry and then stroll over to Desserts, etc. to get your favorite baked good.
- Iron Hill Brewery and Restaurant
- Fresh, made to order dishes at First Watch Daytime Cafe
- Enjoy “a sub above” at Jersey Mike’s
- Primanti Bros – a Pittsburgh staple that started out where what’s now known as the strip district.
- The Tropical Smoothie Cafe specializes in wraps, sandwiches, and of course smoothies
- Starbucks – Located in the Penn State Hershey Medical Center
- Check out Little Essie Maes Sweet Shoppe to satisfy your sweet tooth
- Fenicci’s serving classic Italian dishes. A Hershey staple.
- Enjoy a warm, made to order donut at Duck Donuts
- Panera Bread is a great spot to grab a sandwich, salad, or bowl of soup.
- Charkoon offers a large menu of traditional Chinese dishes.
- Applebee’s on Mae Street in Hummelstown
- What If of Hershey offers contemporary, innovative American cuisine
- One of Hershey’s top restaurants, The Mill, offers scratch dishes with locally sourced ingredients.
- Enjoy your favorite whiskey or bourbon at the award-winning Hidden Still Spirits & Distillery
- Troeg’s Independent Brewing features some popular brews using local ingredients
- Chipotle offers quick, made-to-order Mexican with a variety of healthy options
- The ultimate shopping destination Rhoads Pharmacy and Gift Shop must be experienced
- A unique floral design shop Elegant Designs Flower Shop will help you with all your floristry needs
- Toys On The Square, Unusual Toys and Pottery Painting the only toy store with sales associates on scooters
- Bill Maloney Men’s Wear & Tailor Shop is the home of fine men’s fashion clothing and haberdashery
- Bowser Furniture Store offers classic furnishing that is unique yet affordable
- Headquarters Hair Salon is a full-service salon for all ages
- Brownstone Station Massage and Bodywork offers a full-service massage, reflexology, and facials in a restful setting
- Hometown Hardware meeting all your household hardware needs
- Three Little Birds Boutique women’s clothing store
- Knock Knock Boutique opened in 2014 and has since been serving central PA with affordable fashion
- Shop ’til you drop at the Tanger Outlets in Hershey
- TJ Maxx
- Big Lots
- Five Below
Parks / Recreation
- Schaffner Park has a playground, basketball court, and picnic pavilion available for rent
- Bring a picnic while enjoying the large play area at Alexander Park
- Mehaffie Park is the home of our midget baseball field as well as basketball courts and picnic pavilion
- Hummel Nature Trail has a winding footpath along the Swatara Creek and picnic tables
- Walk to the Hummelstown Swim Club from Verde
- Jonathan Eshenour Memorial Trail is a paved 13-mile recreational trail that extends through the Hershey community
- Hummelstown Museum and Parish House stands on the land deeded by Mr. Hummel who founded the town in 1744
- Shank Park is a 90-acre park with multiple sporting fields and area’s for picnic’s and an interpretive natural trail
- Live music at Chicks Tavern no cover charge
- Improve your hatchet-throwing skills with friends at Stumpy’s Hatchet House
- Do your best to find your way out of the Escape Room Hershey
- Adventure Sports in Hershey offers a variety of attractions, including go-karts, a driving range, laser tag, and much more.
- Enjoy our favorite Broadway show, musical, or dance attractions at the Hershey Theatre
- The Hershey Story Museum is an interactive museum with attractions to help you learn about the story of Milton S. Hersey and the town that bears his name
- Explore everything there is to do at Hersheypark
- Summer concert series in local parks
Education & Lifestyle
Neighborhood Amenities for Hummelstown, PA Residents
Verde’s apartments for rent near Hershey, PA are located in the great Hummelstown neighborhood. Along with having top-notch community features, the Hummelstown and Hershey area offer a variety of great options for dining, shopping, and entertainment. For those with school-aged children, we are located within the Lower Dauphin School District which offers five elementary schools, 1 middle school, and 1 high school. Learn more about our apartments for rent in the Lower Dauphin School District and contact us for more information about our community!
Reach our local public school system at www.ldsd.org
- Grades K-5- Nye Elementary, 200 South John Street 717-566-0300
- Grades 6-8 – Lower Dauphin Middle School, 251 Quarry Road 717-566-5310
- Grades 9-12 – Lower Dauphin High, 201 South Hanover Street 717-566-5330
- Enjoy a book in the solarium or the readers garden (www.dcls.org/afl )
McCann’s School of Dance
- Offering a variety of dance classes for all ages in state of the art studios (www.Mccannschoolofdance.com )
Certain floor plans as well as individual apartment homes may have amenities and features that vary slightly depending on when they were constructed or updated. To discuss a specific floor plan or apartment home, please contact a Verde Leasing Specialist at 717-566-5400 or visit us to take a tour.