VERDE Green InitiativesDevelopment. Construction. Living.
Live green at your new Hershey, PA apartment at Verde!
Green in DEVELOPMENT
- VERDE is a redevelopment project utilizing the former Verdelli Farms property allowing the site to essentially be “recycled” and utilizing existing roadway and utility infrastructure
- VERDE installed new up-to-date stormwater facilities on a site where there previously hadn’t been any, thereby protecting valuable water resources and minimizing future runoffs and associated negative impacts
Green in CONSTRUCTION
- VERDE utilizes renewable materials wherever possible
- VERDE utilizes environmentally-friendly, renewable, recycled, or recyclable material wherever possible, including low-VOC paint and sealant.
- VERDE offers on-site recycling facilities for residents
- VERDE utilizes ENERGY STAR® appliances
- VERDE utilizes low flow water-saving fixtures, appliances and technologies
- VERDE utilizes energy-efficient lighting
- VERDE utilizes high efficiency Andersen 6 foot windows, higher grades of insulation, and high-performance heating & cooling equipment with “smart” programmable thermostats to lower operating costs for residents
Green in LIVING
- VERDE is located in a walkable setting allowing residents to perform daily tasks and access local shopping and dining via walking or biking
- VERDE is located 2 ½ blocks from the Hummelstown Capital Area Transit (“CAT”) Park & Ride lot with daily public transportation options east to Hershey, Palmyra, and Lebanon, and west to Harrisburg
- VERDE offers an on-site electric car charging station to support residents who currently own or would like the option to purchase electric vehicles
- VERDE is a smoke free community