VERDE Green InitiativesDevelopment. Construction. Living.
At Verde, every aspect of our Hershey, PA apartment was thoughtfully designed and developed to promote green living and a healthy lifestyle. Each of our apartment rentals in Hershey offer amenities like GE energy efficient appliances in the kitchen, energy efficient windows and doors, high-efficiency hot water heating, and much more.
Our commitment to green living doesn’t stop inside the apartments. Our community will soon feature an electric car charging station to support residents who currently own an electric vehicle or would like to in the future and we also have an on-site car care center coming soon. We want our residents to live the lifestyle they want, which is why we are also building a brand-new community building with a state-of-the-art fitness center, so residents can live a healthy lifestyle in the comforts of their home. View all of our green initiatives below and contact us to learn more!
Green in DEVELOPMENT
- VERDE is a redevelopment project utilizing the former Verdelli Farms property allowing the site to essentially be “recycled” and utilizing existing roadway and utility infrastructure
- VERDE installed new up-to-date stormwater facilities on a site where there previously hadn’t been any, thereby protecting valuable water resources and minimizing future runoffs and associated negative impacts
Green in CONSTRUCTION
- VERDE utilizes renewable materials wherever possible
- VERDE utilizes environmentally-friendly, renewable, recycled, or recyclable material wherever possible, including low-VOC paint and sealant.
- VERDE offers on-site recycling facilities for residents
- VERDE utilizes ENERGY STAR® appliances
- VERDE utilizes low flow water-saving fixtures, appliances and technologies
- VERDE utilizes energy-efficient lighting
- VERDE utilizes high efficiency Andersen 6 foot windows, higher grades of insulation, and high-performance heating & cooling equipment with “smart” programmable thermostats to lower operating costs for residents
Green in LIVING
- VERDE is located in a walkable setting allowing residents to perform daily tasks and access local shopping and dining via walking or biking
- VERDE is located 2 ½ blocks from the Hummelstown Capital Area Transit (“CAT”) Park & Ride lot with daily public transportation options east to Hershey, Palmyra, and Lebanon, and west to Harrisburg
- VERDE offers an on-site electric car charging station to support residents who currently own or would like the option to purchase electric vehicles
- VERDE is a smoke free community